Ayanda Mabulu shocks SA with Zuma and Mandela painting
Controversial graphic artist Ayanda Mabulu's latest painting of the late Nelson Mandela and President Jacob Zuma has caused quite a stir on social media on Thursday.
Mabulu is known for his paintings, which shows Zuma in a sexual manner, but this time he decided to include Mandela.
Speaking on his latest work, Mabulu said that the the message behind the painting is "simple and clear".
"The message in the painting is simple and clear: the country and everything we fought for before ’94 and post ’94, is constantly and continuously being raped by this rapist president of ours," he told EWN.
But many disagree with the way Mabulu painted Mandela in his latest artwork, saying that this time Mabulu's painting has crossed the line.
A few hours after Mabulu shared his latest artwork on Facebook,he was asked to remove it. He then uploaded another version of the painting with Zuma and Mandela's private parts covered up.
"Guys i had to take down my original painting because they threatened to shut down my fb account. Its a pity these Zupta puppets don't know what is freedom of expression (sic)," he wrote.
More News South Africa
- EFF accuses Mbete of trying to destroy freedom of speech in Parly
- Drug dealer who used young boys as runners arrested
- Ntshalintshali warns Cosatu leaders to toe the party line
- Nigerian pastor in court on human trafficking charges
- ANC NDC confirms Fransman's suspension
- Wits University ready to begin talks with protesting students
- Brakpan taxi crash kills five
- Vuwanu residents no-show for meeting with Mbalula
- This day in history: Indian students join Coloured schools boycott
- 'Mabulu's latest work is distasteful,' says Nelson Mandela Foundation