Local film scores big in France
Local film The Wound has scored a multi-million rand deal with French distributor, Pyramide Films.
Speaking to TshisaLIVE, the film's producer Elias Ribeiro revealed that the deal is worth R2.5 million.
He also revealed that Pyramide Films helped the local movie get publicity in several publications as well.
Actor Nakhane Touré , who plays the lead in the film, said that he had no idea that the film would be so well received by audiences.
"It is insane. It is humbling to hear how the film has done so well in France. I thought, when I took the role, that it might be a small independent film that would soon disappear but it is a beautiful piece of work that was done so well. I think audiences have seen and appreciated the quality of the film," he said.
- Eminem sues New Zealand's ruling party
- Beyonce launches Formation Scholarships
- Ciara welcomes a baby girl!
- Serena Williams announced pregnancy by mistake!
- Madonna not happy about film based on her life
- Bollywood legend Vinod Khanna has died
- Elton John cancels show over unusual bacterial infection
- Fast and Furious franchise to stop at 10th film