Terri J Vaughn headed to SA for premiere of local film
American actors Terri J Vaughn, Desi Banks and Ja’el Roberson are heading to Mzansi for the premiere of the upcoming hilarious local comedy, Love by Chance.
Vaughn, Banks and Roberson will also attend a film junket with local star Atandwa Kani, who has just been cast in Marvel’s upcoming superhero film The Black Panther.
Kani, son of renowned actor, director and playwright John Kani, stars as the male lead in the film, opposite Altovise Lawrence, winner of the first season of Top Actor Africa, who takes on the role of leading lady, Bailey,
Love by Chance is a story about two aspiring actors from South Africa who are independently in America, trying to break into an extremely difficult and over saturated Hollywood industry.
The film is directed by award-winning international %uFB01lm and television producer and director Samad Davis.
Director Davis describes the film as a pioneering film because it brings together US and South African talent and bridges cultural and continental divides against the backdrop of a comedy.
The film is produced by Atlanta-based producer Ty Johnston-Chavis, co-producer Errol Sadler, associate producer Cristina Davis, line producer James Few, and producer Samad Davis, along with the South African producers behind the hit romcom Mrs Right Guy, Dumi Gumbi and Catharina Weinek .
Love by Chance premieres in South Africa on 5 May 2017, and is distributed by Indigenous Film Distribution.
- Madonna not happy about film based on her life
- Bollywood legend Vinod Khanna has died
- Elton John cancels show over unusual bacterial infection
- Fast and Furious franchise to stop at 10th film
- Local film scores big in France
- Rumours have it Quantico might be getting cancelled!
- Cuba Gooding Sr has died
- Drake wants his thirsty burglar to be given a break
- Serena Williams is pregnant with her first child