Brakpan taxi crash kills five
A taxi crash in Brakpan on the East Rand in Gauteng on Friday morning has claimed the lives of five people, wounded six and caused major traffic delays in the area.
"Paramedics along with various other services‚ arrived on the scene to find the taxi lying upright on the side of the road. The occupants were found lying around the vehicle after they were ejected when it rolled," ER24 spokesperson Russel Meiring said.
The dead - four men and one woman - were killed when the taxi overturned on the R23 Heidelberg Road.
Six others sustained injuries ranging from minor to critical.
Meiring said the dead were found not too far from the taxi.
More News South Africa
- ANC EC wants Lindiwe Sisulu for president
- Tim Noakes has been found not guilty
- EFF accuses Mbete of trying to destroy freedom of speech in Parly
- Drug dealer who used young boys as runners arrested
- Ntshalintshali warns Cosatu leaders to toe the party line
- Nigerian pastor in court on human trafficking charges
- ANC NDC confirms Fransman's suspension
- Wits University ready to begin talks with protesting students
- Vuwanu residents no-show for meeting with Mbalula
- This day in history: Indian students join Coloured schools boycott