Karabo Mokoena laid to rest
The funeral service of Karabo Mokoena is currently underway in Diepkloof hall, Soweto. Friends and family of Karabo have all gathered to lay the 22-year old to rest.
Men of hope gathered around Karabo's white coffin to pay tribute, holding posters with "Stand against corruption, violence, women abuse and child abuse" written on them.
South African gospel singer Deborah Fraser sang a musical tribute at the funeral.
ANC Women's League president Bathabile Dlamini and Minister of Women Susan Shabangu have attended the service.
Karabo went missing on the 28 April, police discovered a body of a female on the 29 April in Lyndhurst. The body was 2 weeks later determined to be of Karabo.
Her boyfriend, Sandile Mantsoe has been charged with the premeditated murder of Karabo and defeating the ends of justice.
More News South Africa
- Taxi carrying 16 schoolgirls overturns in Durban
- Taxi driver caught off-guard, as passenger goes into labour
- Mantashe: Everybody who wants attention takes a dig at ANC
- Death of 31 illegal miners a painful reminder of the dangers involved
- Numsa: GM mustn't dump their products here when they're gone
- Kremlin: US-led airstrikes in Syria are a gross violation
- Police ask public to help find missing girls
- Bathabile Dlamini: 'Karabo's alleged killer could not kill her confidence'
- Family church cannot bury murdered Courtney Pieters
- Investigation into death at Primrose mine