Strand swimmers still missing
The two University of the Western Cape students who went missing on Sunday have still not been found.
The search continues in the Strand area, after the two swimmers got caught in a rip current and were swept out to sea.
The pair were part of a church group.
The National Sea Rescue Institute's Craig Lambinon says: “They are missing at Strand Beach. Despite an extensive search they have not been found and we’re continuing with the search operation.”
In a seperate incident, a man disappeared while swimming off Monwabisi Beach will resume on Monday morning, EWN reports.
A search for the victim is underway.
More News South Africa
- This day in history: Never forget Sharpeville
- Driver busted with 200 000 mandrax tablets
- Masiphumelele land invasion turns violent
- IFP: 'His death sent shockwaves throughout the entertainment industry'
- Zimbabwean contraceptives smuggled into SA
- Urgent aid needed for 30 000 people who fled fighting in Wau Shilluk
- Lillian Dube: 'We need to be honoured while we are still alive'
- SAFTA win for 'Shepherds and Butchers'
- Port authorities refusing responsibility for ship damaged while in dry dock
- Mafela family celebrate Joe's life