Taxi carrying 16 schoolgirls overturns in Durban
Authorities say sixteen school girls were injured when a minibus taxi overturned on Sibiya Drive in Durban on Friday.
The minibus taxi was the only vehicle involved in the accident, and indications are that the driver lost control of the vehicle before it left the road.
The driver of the taxi emerged from the accident completely unscathed, but his role in the crash is being investigated by local police.
"Sixteen girls in school uniform, aged between 14 and 16, sustained minor to moderate injuries but thankfully all of them were in a stable condition," said Netcare911.
"Netcare 911 ambulances transported six of them, the remaining ten were transported by other ambulance services to the hospital for further assessment and care."
More News South Africa
- Man arrested for human trafficking in Springs
- Search on for missing Free State mom and toddler
- Police 'back-to-basics' approach nets man with illegal firearm
- 90 years for Ocean View gang murders
- College student missing since March
- Alert public help police arrest hijackers
- Police undercover patrol nets four robbers
- Durban taxi crash kills one, injures 15
- Girl goes missing on way to school
- Taxi driver caught off-guard, as passenger goes into labour