Jol: Dembele can get into any top team
Martin Jol believes Tottenham midfielder Mousa Dembele has the quality to play for any of the world's elite football teams.
Dembele used to be deployed as a forward, but during his time at Fulham Jol, then manager of the Cottagers, converted him into a central midfielder.
The 29-year-old signed for Spurs from Fulham in 2012 and has since flourished in his central position. And the Dutch tactician believes the Belgian is now up there with the best in the world.
"I also converted Dembele from an attacking striker/winger into a midfield player," Jol told Football London. "I did that at Fulham. That was the big change in his career and I'm sure he'd tell you the same.
"Dembele could play for any top team in the world. He is so strong and he will never lose the ball. He is so good.
"I've known him for 15 years. He started as a kid in Belgium and then he came to Holland as a striker. Then he played on the wing.
"Can you imagine him playing on the right wing, a left-footer on the right?"
- Lacazette: Atleti can take me to next level
- Kane targets 100 goal club
- Chelsea v Sunderland
- Mourinho: I won't make mistakes next season
- Wenger dismisses Adams criticism
- Mourinho: Rooney faces difficult situation
- Adams: Wenger doesn't like strong personalities
- Keown: Keane would face stiff competition
- Mourinho plays down Fellaini injury fears
- Mourinho slams Premier League, begs Big Sam for mercy