Mourinho: Europa final would be perfect climax
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho believes advancing to the Europa League final would be the perfect conclusion to the club's difficult season.
The Red Devils are preparing to take on Anderlecht in the second leg of their quarter-final tie on Thursday night, after drawing the first leg 1-1.
With Mourinho's side struggling to break into the Premier League's top four this campaign, the Europa League presents a great opportunity. Winning the competition would give United an automatic Champions League spot for next season.
"It will be the perfect end to the season," Mourinho told the press, according to the Daily Mail.
"A difficult season, lots of matches, trying to build a team, trying to recover a certain mentality, trying to finish the season playing a European final.
"It will be the perfect finale for Manchester United."
He added: "For Zlatan (Ibrahimovic) it would be fantastic to play the final in Stockholm, in his country. It would be beautiful."
- Agent not ruling out Griezmann exit
- Klopp wary of big Benteke threat
- Matic: FA Cup semi winner could hold PL advantage
- Eriksen eyes FA Cup win with Spurs
- Keane: Rooney's time at Man United coming to an end
- Pochettino unfazed by interest in Alderweireld
- Barca lose Neymar appeal
- Broken foot ends Neuer's season
- Fellaini: Second leg atmosphere will be different
- Clichy determined to win FA Cup