Dozens killed in Syrian bombing
Dozens have been killed after a bomb hit a convey waiting to enter Aleppo on Saturday, while several others have been wounded and thousands left stranded.
Early reports suggest this was a suicide bombing, that struck a series of busses that were believed to have been transporting civilians to a government held territory. They were being evacuated from rebel held territory.
A deal had been struck by the warning parties, which allowed for an exchange of civilians from the two affected territories. However, delays in the evacuation were encountered, which put the affected civilians in danger.
Their worst fears were realized on Saturday.
More World News
- Jehovah's Witnesses declared an extremist group and banned in Russia
- Deadly terror attack in Paris
- Palestinian president to visit the White House
- Egyptian forces kill Sinai monastry shooter
- 53 arrested in Nigeria for celebrating gay wedding
- This day in history: The Group Areas Act officially repealed
- Swazi king wants to ban divorce
- United Kingdom to hold an early election
- This day in history: Genocide in Rwanda
- Karzai: Afghan bombing an act of treason